Elder Mission Statement:
- To prayerfully discern God’s willed around key decisions/ initiatives for the church.
- To wisely steward the resources (financial, legal and people) of the MOWI
- The Eider of MOWI church desire to be Christ’s shepherds to the people of God that He has entrusted to us. As overseers of the church, we desire to properly care for the entire work including both people and programs.
- We are committed to making MOWI a church that places an emphasis on glorifying God, preaching the gospel, and making disciples.
- We believe that the thrust of our ministry should be upward towards God, inward towards each other, and outward towards a lost world.
- We believe that in conjunction with the entire pastoral staff, we can shepherd this body through Christ. It is our desire to be faithful to the great Shepherd of the sheep.
- To pray.
- To approve activities beyond the budget with fiscal responsibilities and authority delegated by the senior pastor.
- Evaluate the senior pastor annually.
- Give input on strategic plan and annual church-wide goals and objectives.
- Approve church policy as referred by the pastors.
- To handle church discipline as referred by the pastors.
- To affirm new ministries and positions as recommended by the pastoral staff.